Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What is the What: Ch.12

I found it so sad but not surprising that some of the boys walking would lose faith and just give up any hope of being able to survive completely. Like for example, on page 159, where Monynhial is talking to Valentino. He declares that he will no longer take being hunted and that all that they all are is nothing other than--a walking target. Valentino tries to reason with him and convince to stay with the group but he already had his mind made up that even God wants them all dead. So in conclusion, he stopped walking any further and the group left him and kept on walking. When I read this, I thought, 'wow it must be a lot to take, and he must've gone through so much, to come to the point in his mind where he had not an ounce of hope or courage left to go any further.'

No comments:

Post a Comment